You’ve successfully enrolled into dental school and advanced to the clinic chapter of your education. Now is the time to consider residency programs—but where to start?
The American Dental Education Association’s Postdoctoral Application Support Service (ADEA PASS®) is the primary application for residency programs in the U.S. and your one-stop-shop for achieving the next milestone in your career. Gain access to over 730 participating programs and simplify the process by completing one application for multiple programs.
Quick Facts for Applying:
- The ADEA PASS application opens on May 17, 2018, for advanced dental education residency programs starting in 2019. Deadlines for submission vary by program.
- Visit the ADEA PASS Search Engine for detailed profiles and descriptions of each participating program, the number of available positions, Match status and more!
- Required applicant materials include:
- One institution evaluation.
- Email addresses for at least two evaluators.
- Dental school transcript or evaluation.
- Essay or personal statement.
Special note: Many programs also request that applicants upload a resume/CV and undergraduate transcript.
- Communicate exam results in ADEA PASS.
- Your GRE score is self-reported.
- Your official ADA ADAT is sent to ADEA PASS when you select one participating program when registering for the test.
- NBDE will be reported by your dental school on the institution evaluation.
- Register for the residency Match through ADEA PASS. (Rank order lists should be submitted directly to NMS.)
- After submitting the application, you can still log in to your update email address, add test scores and apply to new programs.
Whether you plan to pursue a general practice residency (GPR) or seek advanced education in a dental specialty, ADEA PASS is a great place to start your research and application process! Visit adea.org/pass today to learn more.
What is the best advice you’ve received about applying to residency programs?
Let us know in the comments.
~Emily Rhineberger, Senior Director of Application Services, American Dental Education Association
This content is sponsored and does not necessarily reflect the views of ASDA.
The American Dental Education Association (ADEA) is The Voice of Dental Education. Its members include all 76 U.S. and Canadian dental schools, over 800 allied and advanced dental education programs, 66 corporations and more than 20,000 individuals.