With thousands of informative and entertaining podcasts available on different streaming services, listening to podcasts has become a normal part of many people’s everyday schedules. Podcasts are free to listen to and can be listened to anywhere — on the drive home, on a bike ride, or while cooking and cleaning. Many of them feel more like conversations than traditional news stories and are perfect for busy people on the go such as dental students.
In honor of International Podcast Day, here are some podcast suggestions for dental students:
- The Life and Dentistry Podcast: Hear about life as a dental student and from dentists who discuss overcoming personal struggles and the development of their careers.
- Student Entrepreneurs in Dentistry Podcast: This podcast is great for aspiring dental practice owners and dental entrepreneurs looking to learn about the foundational principles, concepts and strategies of business in dentistry.
- The Dentist Money Show: An entertaining podcast that also offers straightforward advice about investing, retirement planning, tax reduction, insurance, debt management and personal finance.
- The Dentalpreneur Podcast: Dr. Mark Costes hosts this podcast with hopes of passing down valuable advice and lessons from some of the greatest minds in the dental profession.
- Transition Talk Podcast: National Dental Placements started this podcast to provide guidance, tips and real-life scenarios (good and bad) to encourage and help those navigating the path to ownership.
For a break from dentistry podcasts and to stay informed with current events or to learn about something new, check out these podcasts:
- Supercharged Podcast: Every week, Supercharged tackles a question about technology, science, psychology and human existence to find out how we can approach life better in a rapidly changing world.
- Back to Work Podcast: Back to Work is a talk show discussing productivity, communication, work, barriers, constraints, tools and more.
- NPR News Now Podcast: A quick way to get the latest news. Each podcast is five minutes long and updated hourly.
- TED Radio Hour Podcast: In a partnership with TED and NPR, Manoush Zomorodi hosts this podcast, aimed at inspiring us to learn more about the world, our communities and ourselves by exploring the biggest questions of our time.
~Stephanie Jaipaul, Georgia ’22, ASDA Electronic Editor