As you may already know, this blog is run by the American Student Dental Association. A little history lesson: ASDA is the largest student-run organization dedicated to protecting and advancing the rights, interests and welfare of dental students like you. Currently, there are 20,000+ dental student members and 1,800+ predental members. Each year, ASDA holds a national meeting called Annual Session. 2015 will mark ASDA’s 45th Annual Session!
If you are interested in networking with other future dentists, learning about professional issues and getting involved in organized dentistry, sign up to attend ASDA’s Annual Session at the Westin Boston Waterfront, Feb. 18-21, 2015.
ASDA can be a major resource throughout your journey to becoming a dentist, especially when it comes to relationship building, personal development and education (outside of the classroom). Attendees expect the following at Annual Session 2015:
- Network with 500+ ASDA members from 65 U.S. dental schools – this is your chance to swap stories, share tips and get to know your future colleagues (for predentals, use this time to ask about different dental schools and find out what life as a dental student is really like)
- Participate in breakout sessions on topics such as workforce models, live-patient licensure, post-grad career options and student debt
- Attend personal improvement workshops featuring tips on managing finances, creating a resume, succeeding in clinic and more
- Hear Neil Pasricha’s “The 3 A’s of Awesome” in his keynote speech about celebrating the little moments we often overlook but can brighten our days
- Get hands-on with latest dental products and services from 65+ exhibitors at the Dental Expo
- Visit the Student Research Poster Session to talk to other students about their latest scientific findings
- Discuss and vote on association policy in the business meetings of ASDA’s House of Delegates
- Elect ASDA’s executive committee, speaker of the House and district trustees
- Celebrate the successes of ASDA members at the Gold Crown Awards Ceremony and the President’s Gala
For those who have attended Annual Session before, what’s your favorite part of the meeting? Tell us in the comments below!
~Kim Kelly, publications manager