This content is sponsored and does not necessarily reflect the views of ASDA.
D4’s, get ready…homestretch ahead. D1-D3’s, getting ready early… is exactly what you need.
As a D22, practice owner and founder of igniteDDS, everyday I get asked what the most successful young dentists do differently. The short story…they become president and CEO of their personal corporation.
Like all top CEOs, these students formalize their inner circle. AKA, they build a personal advisory board. Here’s the skinny on HOW.
- Name two people whose lives represent who you want to be.
- Name one person you trust who sees life like you do.
- Name one person you trust who will challenge your choices.
- Secure a financial advisor.
- Secure an accountant.
- Secure an attorney.
- Ask those 7 to join YOUR advisory board.
- Set an initial 30-minute virtual meeting.
- Get a commitment on a standing monthly meeting time.
As you lead, your board will follow…or not. You’ll want your meetings to be concise, creative and collaborative. That said, these meetings are really checkpoints and a measure of accountability. The real work happens in between via each board member’s suggestions, findings and recommendations. Creating a shared Google doc or working with apps like Asana streamlines this process.
The Initial Agenda:
- Welcome; thank you; quick intro. (You, 2 minutes)
- Board member intros. (You lead the order, they speak, 14 minutes)
- Share your vision. (You, 2 minutes)
- Ask each board member for one initial thought. (You lead, all answer, 11 minutes)
- Thank you/verify next meeting time. (You, 1 minute)
Interested? We’ll teach you how to recruit top notch board members who’ll donate their time.
- REGISTER NOW to secure your seat.
- Participants limited to 50.
Until then… Together We Rise,
~Dr. David Rice, IgniteDDS